Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shrimp Boil

On Sunday (Feb. 27th) my family (Koehn's) had a Shrimp Boil to celebrate my Dad's radiation treatments being over. It was the first time we had done a shrimp boil with our family. Vi Penner gave me this recipe that was passed down to her from Pat Regier. It turned out so yummy!
1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
2 T. salt
4 Quarts Water
8 Medium Red Potatoes (I used a bag of the small red potatoes you can get at wal-mart)
2 Lg. sweet onions (I used a bag of small pearl onions you can get at wal-mart)
2 pounds smoked sausage (cut in 2 inch links)
8 whole ears of corn on the cob (I used a bag of mini frozen corn cobs you can get at wal-mart)
4 pounds large shrimp
In 8 qt. pot bring Old Bay, salt and water to a boil. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes. Add smoke sausage to potatoes & onions; continue to cook on high for 8 minutes. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes.
Makes 8 large servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment