Friday, August 14, 2009

Chicken with Dried Beef and Bacon -Crockpot Recipe

Brad got me this awesome Crock pot Recipe book for my 31st Birthday so I pulled out my crock pot that's been stuck in the closet for years and decided to try some recipes out. I found out that the crock pot is a working woman's best friend! Most of these recipes take only 5-10 minutes preparation time. I dump my ingredients in the pot in the morning and come home at 5pm to a house that smells like I've been home cooking all day and a wonderful warm meal. It's wonderful!!!

4-6 slices bacon
8-12 slices low-sodium dried beef, divided
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, divided
10 3/4 -oz. can low-fat, low sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream

Microwave bacon on high for 2 minutes, until bacon is partially cooked. Absorb the bacon fat with some paper towels.

Line cooker with half the slices of dried beef.

Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken breast and place the first layer of chicken into the slow cooker. Cover first layer of chicken breasts with the remaining slices of dried beef. Add second layer of chicken.

In a mixing bowl, combine soup and dried beef. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours.

Serve over cooked noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment