Saturday, August 22, 2009

Aunt Lucille's Peanut Butter Pie

When I was growing up at home my Aunt Lucille from Burns, Kansas would come and visit us often staying sometimes a week at a time. She would often bring this peanut butter pie with her when she came or make it while she was at our house. It's now one of our families favorite pies and my brother Jared's absolute favorite. He requests it every year for his Birthday and now when he comes home from college. It's also one of the easiest pies I know to make. Whenever I have to come up with a quick Dessert this is the one I make.

1 baked pie crust
1 Lg. box vanilla pudding mix
3/4 C. Peanut Butter
2 C. Powdered Sugar
1 Carton Cool Whip

Mix vanilla pudding as directed on package. Set aside. Take the peanut butter and powdered sugar and crumble together with a fork. Sprinkle 1/3 of the peanut butter crumbles on the bottom of the baked pie crust. Pour the pudding over that. Then sprinkle more of the peanut butter crumbles on top of the pudding mixture. Top with cool whip and then sprinkle the remainder of the crumbles on top. Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment