Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Chelsey’s Poppy Seed Pasta Salad

Last month at our M.O.M.S. Christmas Dinner my friend Chelsey Ewing brought this Pasta Salad for all of us to enjoy.  I had never had a pasta salad like this before.  I could have ate the whole bowl.  It was so delicious!  I asked her for the recipe because I wanted to make it for my family’s Christmas lunch.  It was a big hit!  Thanks, Chelsey for sharing your recipe!  I didn’t put spinach leaves in mine because I couldn’t find any at our grocery store that day but it was still great without the spinach leaves and kept for several days.
poppyseed finished2
  • 4 Cups Chicken Breasts (Cooked and Cubed or shredded)
  • 1 16 oz. pkg. rotini (or any other kind of pasta you want to use)
  • 3/4 Cup Celery
  • 3/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
  • 5 Oz. pkg. Dried Red Cherries
  • 1 1/4 Cup Mayo
  • 1 1/4 Cup Brianna’s Poppyseed Dressing (Wal-mart has it)
  • 1 1/2 cup tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 5 oz. pkg. baby spinach leaves (stems removed)
  • 1 Cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (I didn’t use pecans)
Cook pasta according to directions and rinse.  Pat dry.  In large bowl combine celery, chicken, onion, and pasta.  Combine mayo with dressing, salt and pepper.  Fold in 1 3/4 cup dressing.  Mix into the pasta mixture.  Reserve 3/4 cup dressing. Refrigerate salad covered 12-24 hours.  Before serving add remaining dressing, spinach, cherries and pecans. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment