Thursday, January 2, 2014

Charity’s Pumpkin Layered Dessert

For Christmas this year I was in charge of making the dessert.  I searched and searched for something new that I thought everyone would like.  I ran across this recipe in the Holdeman Mennonite “Prairie Range” cookbook.  It’s Charity Leving’s recipe.  It was a hit and so yummy!  We will definitely be making this again in the future.  Better than pumpkin pie in my opinion!

  • 2 C. graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted oleo
  • 1 1/2 pkg. cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 12 oz. cool whip
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 can pumpkin with spices

Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted oleo and pat into 9x13 pan.  In a bowl mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar, folding in the cool whip last.  Spread onto crust.  Beat milk and pudding 1-2 minutes, stir in pumpkin, mixing well.  Spread over cream cheese layer.  Refrigerate.  Add a layer of cool whip on top just before serving.  I sprinkle a little cinnamon on top to make it a little more festive. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment