Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Favorite Monkey Bread

I grew up with my Mom making Monkey Bread on special occassions. It was heavenly! I recently found an easy recipe in the "Taste of Home - Simply Delicious" magazine that didn't take too long to bake and looked easy. I tried it and it is now the recipe I go to every time I make Monkey Bread.

2 tubes (12 oz. each) refrigerated flaky biscuits
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Cut each biscuit into four pieces; dip each piece into the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and then arrange evenly in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. After dipping all the biscuit pieces then take the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and mix with cream. Pour over the biscuits.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment