Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Texas Caviar

I ran across this recipe years ago when I was working at the Eitzen Agency and took it often to the office.  This past weekend I made it again for the first time in years.  It was a big hit at the family cookout.  I got it from the Centennial Cookbook (St. Anthony's Church in Okeene- Linda Simmons recipe) and I changed it up a little. 

1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can black-eyed peas (drained)
2 cans shoe peg (or white) corn (drained)
3 chopped green onions
1 medium chopped white onion
1 can of rotel (drained)
1 can of diced tomatoes (drained)
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing

Add all ingredients together and refrigerate.  Great served with tortilla chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment