Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweat Pea's Chicken Chili

The snow falling on Tuesday made me hungry for soup. I searched through all kinds of cookbooks for a recipe that I had all the ingredients for. I was unsuccessful and since I wasn't able to run to the store since both boys were napping, I threw several ingredients together that I had on hand and came up with what I will call...Sweet Pea's Chicken Chili. Brad is not crazy about chicken but he said it was a keeper!

2 T. Butter
1 C. Chopped Onion
1 C. Chopped Green Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves Minced
4 1/2 C. Shredded Chicken
2 Cans Stewed Tomatoes
1 Can Kidney Beans (drained)
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 pkg. Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
8 oz. Block of Cream Cheese

Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in the butter. Add all ingredients except cream cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the cream cheese and let it melt slowly in the soup. Serve with green onion and cheese sprinkled on top. Brad put picante sauce on his too.

No comments:

Post a Comment